The overall purpose of Brethren for Biblical Authority is to provide a networking opportunity for like-minded leaders & churches within the Church of the Brethren. The Theological viewpoint for "B4BA" can be seen on the Faith Statement & supporters tab above.

A B4BA goal is to move beyond the distractions & struggles of the denomination and THRIVE, in spite of what's happening in the COB.


This site is independant & not affiliated with the Church of the Brethren, or any district.

Site Editor Contact:

revstiles@atlanticbb.net

Final Thoughts on A.C. 2012


After attending another A.C. and listening to messages & business activities, I have thought and thought until my thinker was exhausted.  If I break it down to one big issue facing COB leadership, it is this:  We basically have two different churches that are sharing the same name.

Say what you will about over-simplification & gray areas . . . ok, maybe it's even three churches that are sharing the same name.  Sometimes, we lose clarity with too much verbalism.

Some in leadership have very clearly & openly taken a side, while others continue to try to "live with the tension."  I don't mean to be critical of anyone, but I don't see a way to "fix" this, without a literal miracle.  

Many American institutions are also in a state of brokenness.{like the Government}  So, all we can do is be faithful to the Mission we are called to complete.  I look forward to the times ahead with my brothers & sisters in B4BA.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.