The overall purpose of Brethren for Biblical Authority is to provide a networking opportunity for like-minded leaders & churches within the Church of the Brethren. The Theological viewpoint for "B4BA" can be seen on the Faith Statement & supporters tab above.

A B4BA goal is to move beyond the distractions & struggles of the denomination and THRIVE, in spite of what's happening in the COB.


This site is independant & not affiliated with the Church of the Brethren, or any district.

Site Editor Contact:

revstiles@atlanticbb.net

A Word about Apathy

As a an observer of the COB world, I haven't really felt  too encouraged, this year.  From my perch on the periphery of the denomination, what I was seeing was national level leadership preceding as if last year's A.C. never happened.  If you are reading this, you know what I'm talking about.  So, I'll not bother to restate information that is already public.

Then as I looked to many of my brothers & sisters out here in "fly-over" country, honestly, the main thing I was picking up was apathy, or defeatism or an alarming lack of information.

But, at the end of last week, a letter from the Leadership Team of The Western Pennsylvania District, became public.  Along with it, a major reversal came about with regard to the COB's granting permission for the BMC to be an approved placement site for a BVS worker.

Hats off to the Leadership Team of The Western Pennsylvania District.  They carefully and prayerfully discerned the right words to speak up and address this situation.  Obviously, things like this make a difference.

If you are thinking about speaking up, get informed, pray and speak up.

For now, I'll just close with the words of Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."